Good things to know about BioSURE HIV Self Tests
HIV self-testing is another testing choice and puts you in control – you get your own result, while you wait. You may want to consider talking to someone before performing your HIV test and think about whether you might want to have someone with you while you do. Also consider what you are going to do when you get your result - whether positive or negative. It is always better to know. It is always your choice.
The BioSURE HIV Self Test is designed with you in mind; it is very easy to use and uses technology very similar to a pregnancy test, but it detects the specific antibodies to HIV (not actual HIV).
How accurate is my BioSURE HIV Self Test?
The BioSURE HIV Self Test is proven to be extremely effective at diagnosing HIV. Extensive research across 3 continents has evidenced our kit to be exceptionally usable and tremendously accurate when performed correctly:
- It has a proven clinical sensitivity (if a person has HIV how often the test will be positive) of 99.7%, this means that on average 997 in every 1,000 positive results will be correct.
- It has a proven clinical specificity (if a person doesn’t have HIV how often the test will be negative) of 99.9%, this means that on average 999 in every 1,000 negative results will be correct.
- It’s the first ever CE marked HIV self-test.
- It’s the world’s first approved HIV self-test to use blood.
- It has an inbuilt sample control line. This means the ‘negative’ line can only appear if enough blood has been applied and everything has been performed correctly. It is a critical part of CE marking. It means that you can be confident in your result because if you do anything wrong, no lines will appear
- If you are at all unsure of your result you can contact us on Whatsapp where we usually are able to help you
- If you have positive test result you must go and see a healthcare professional to perform another confirmatory test. This is the same testing algorithm across the world, even a positive laboratory test is reconfirmed with a second or even third test
Don’t take our word for it!
There are thousands of stories and questions you can have a look at or join the conversation, on a free and anonymous independent social enterprise site called PEBL. To quote ‘there’s no risk of identification, nastiness or abuse’
The BioSURE HIV Self Test is easily available online and in store in the well-known and highly trusted Superdrug and Boots pharmacy stores, as well as many other independent pharmacies.
Our test is also available on Amazon and our high level of 5-star customer reviews speak for themselves. Almost 90% of customers have given us a 5-star rating.
Finally, our passion is about changing the conversation, so we work extensively with a range of HIV/AIDS charities, supporting communications and subsidising tests to help HIV self-testing reach people in higher risk groups. We also work with a number of HIV organisations and NHS clinics to encourage people to #KnowYourStatus and supply BioSure’s self-tests across the UK.
The team at BioSure are committed to the UN’s global plan to eradicate HIV by 2030 and we provide a choice for people to find out their HIV status on their own terms.